Are You Pregnant?
Need Help Making A Decision?
If you choose to work with the team at All About U Adoptions, a brief summary of the adoption process is below. Our agency staff is ready to answer all your adoption-related questions. Upon contact, we will provide potential adoptive families with an informational packet.
- We will take as much time as you like to start getting to know you and for you to get to know us.
- We will talk through our process and the uniqueness and benefits of our agency.
- If you are ready for the next steps, we will give you access to our Welcome Packet and get you set up on our online portal.
This step allows us to begin your homestudy process. At times, the paperwork may seem overwhelming. That is why we are here to guide you through every step.
- This step explores your motivation to adopt as well as helps us prepare you to be adoptive parents.
- Our homestudy fee includes the application, training materials, support from AAU staff, processing of paperwork, and your required in-home visit.
- Once this step is completed with us, we are open to allowing you to use the homestudy information for other adoption opportunities. We will not lock you in to working exclusively with our agency. We will help you celebrate a placement no matter where it is! Our goal is to help you become parents however it is meant to happen.
- PERSONALIZED training designed specifically to meet the needs of your family. With the guidance of our staff, you choose your track of training.
- Our training is very unique - done in the comfort of your home and at your own pace. You can decide how slowly or how quickly you want to work through it.
- You gain valuable information to use for your adoptive parenting journey by covering topics such as child development, attachment, loss, importance of birth families, managing behavior-developmental needs, and permanency planning for children
- Allows you to meet required obligations for adoption.
- All About U Adoptions training PREPARES YOU FOR ADOPTIVE PARENTING
Creating a Profile
- Your profile is used to present your family to potential birth parents. Creating photo books allows the birth parent(s) to get a feel for you, get to know a little more about you and how their child might fit in your family.
- Our staff will assist you with creating the profile by reading through text and helping you chose the best photos to put together a profile that reflects who you are as a family.
- If you prefer, we can help you find a professional to help build your profile book for you.
- This step requires patience, open-mindedness and faith.
- Once a birth parent has made an adoption plan, you will be presented with a summary of her current situation. If you choose to be considered by this birth parent, your profile will be presented to her.
- We understand the emotions you may be experiencing at this time, and we are here for you. This step may be the most difficult.
- This is the moment you’ve been waiting for; a birth parent has selected you!
- A portion of the placement fees will be due at this point. The remainder will be due around your child’s due date.
- Match meetings may be held, if desired. This gives you a chance to meet the birthparent(s). This is the first step towards a beautiful, open adoption relationship.
- Congratulation new parents! The day has come to take your child home and begin your lives together.
- The team at All About U Adoptions will conduct post-placement supervision as required by state laws.
- Post placement fees are paid prior to first visit.
- These reports will be submitted to necessary agencies and to the court for finalization.
- We will prepare your necessary documentation for the courts to finalize your adoption.
- We will celebrate with you!